Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book to Screen: WARM BODIES

Recently, the internet has been buzzing with new footage and images from the February 2013 release of WARM BODIES starring Nicholas Hoult (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS) and Teresa Palmer (I AM NUMBER FOUR).

Reading through the trailer comments, I've discovered that most people are pissed that they are taking zombies and giving them a romantic spin. What I don't think most people realize is that WARM BODIES started out as a novel by debut author, Isaac Marion. Hollywood didn't just come up with this, they pulled it from a novel (as they so often do). Having self-published and sold it through his website, Simon & Schuster eventually picked it up, marketing it as Romeo & Juliet with zombies.

The story follows a zombie named R, who falls in love with a girl after eating her boyfriend and whose memories seem to be resurfacing in his own brain. For a further look into the plot, check out my review here.

I urge people who are interested in seeing the film to read the book first. It will explain the trailer a lot more and this viewer is personally excited. After seeing the latest footage, I feel it'll be a fun, yet still creepy adaptation. And any trailer that uses The Black Keys gets extra bonus points from me ;-) The song here is "Lonely Boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment